Friday, September 30, 2011

Perfect Omelet

Since I have been trying to eat healthier I have been exploring different ways to make meals not boring and healthy at the same time, although I have to eat lots and lots of salads, I also try to make fun breakfast dishes, since it is your first meal of the day, it is important to make sure you get all the balance to give you a great start.

In my Spinach Omelet I use:
1 small can of spinach, 80 calories
1/4 cups of Low Fat mixed cheese, 30 calories
2 large eggs, 156 calories
1/4 of a tomato
1/4 of a red onion
1 garlic clove

I make sure all the veggies are cubed very very small, and then with a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan I saute the tomatoes, onion, garlic and spinach. Once that is cooked I whip the eggs and add salt and pepper, put it in the same pan used before and let it cook for 1 minute, add in one side (kind off more into the middle so you can close the omelet afterwards without breaking it) the veggies and top them with the cheese, close the omelet carefully and cook for a couple of minutes on each side, and voila! Delicious and healthy!!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment