Friday, September 17, 2010

Fabulous Strawberry Tarts



A few weeks ago I spoke with a good friend of mine about his new blog I was starting, I told her all about how much I love cooking and that I wanted to share my creations with people that need some ideas, inspirations or tips to use in their own kitchens; when it occur to me, that I should also share recipes from friends of mine that  they enjoy making! So she sent me one of her recipes and she even let me use her pictures of the last time she cooked it! By the way, if you can not tell already she is a professional photographer, enjoy the pictures, try the recipe and give us your feedback!


It serves 7 or more guests, it takes 15 minutes to prep!

Ingredients:

1 quart fresh Strawberries
3/4 C sugar
3T cornstarch
juice of 1/2 lemon
8 ounces softened cream cheese

Preparation:

Wash and hull strawberries, mash 1/2 strawberries in food processor. Combine mashed strawberries with sugar, cornstarch, & lemon juice in saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer mixture until thick and clear, about 5-7 min, stirring constantly, remove from heat. Chop remaining strawberries in food processor or by hand  (small, about the size of corn kernels) add to warm strawberry
 mixture. Chill strawberry filling. Fill shells with chilled strawberry mixture, reserving 4T. Cream reserved 4T with softened cream cheese and pipe on tarts.

Fillo product:

Mini fillo shells

No comments:

Post a Comment